Diabetes afflicts 9.4% of Americans. Management of the disease requires a healthy relationship between a patient and their provider so they can keep the patient’s blood sugar at a stable level, and keep symptoms at bay.
Sigma’s doctors are experienced in managing patients’ diabetes and are ready to help you regain control over your health.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Blurred vision
- Extreme Fatigue
- Frequent urination
- Excessive thirst
- Constant hunger
- In the United States, 30 million adults age 18 years and older are living with diabetes and 84 million are living with prediabetes.
*prediabetes is reversible
- Type 1 Diabetes (Autoimmune): the body does not produce insulin
- Type 2 Diabetes (Lifestyle related): the body does not use insulin properly
*Type 2 diabetes is preventable in most cases
How to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Stay active
- Get a physical where your health and hemoglobin A1C are evaluated
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a well balanced diet that is not packed with sugar